For Over 20 Years- UUCY Serves Our Daily Bread
We serve the second Wednesday of the odd numbered month.
We request that 20 casseroles be prepared. They may be delivered to us on the Sunday before serving date, and placed in our freezer. The cost to prepare each casserole is around $15. Tins are free and kept in our labeled kitchen area.
Often, you may deliver unfrozen casseroles to the church that next Monday or Tuesday, but we suggest that you call the office to confirm staff or volunteers are onsite to receive them in our refrigerator.
Alternatively, they may be delivered to ODB directly during their operating hours.
Serving: 4 people are needed. Serving time is 10:30 AM to noon. Consider bringing your own apron. Contact Lucy if you wish to assist.
- Address: 331 S George St, York, PA 17401Phone: (717) 848-1674
Our Daily Bread Six Layer Dinner Recipe
- 4 cups (2 lb.) hamburger, cooked & drained
- 4 tsp. salt
- 4 cups sliced potatoes (approx. 2-3 russet potatoes)
- 2 tsp. pepper
- 4 cups diced celery (approx. 1 whole bunch)
- 2 cups diced green peppers (1&1/2 pepper)
- 1 cup chopped onion (1 med. onion)
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place potatoes in bottom of a greased pan, then layer celery, hamburger, onion, and peppers. Season each layer with salt and pepper, and then cover with crushed tomatoes. Spray double layer of foil with Pam and cover casserole. Bake for 1 & 1/2 hours.